TBI Bank EAD presents to its clients its new product 3D secure code – the most advanced online shopping security system. The service is available to all owners of MasterCard cards issued by TBI Bank EAD, both Bulgarian and foreign nationals on the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria and abroad.
- MasterCard SecureCode – international card organizations which use 3D Secure protocol for authentication of the cardholder in execution of transactions with online merchants who participate in the program.
- 3D Secure Code is a private, unique code of the cardholder which serves for confirmation of the transaction in payments made via the Internet. The code is a combination of digits, letters and signs.
- Temporary code for registration is a code which the cardholder can print out at all ATMs serviced by the BORICA-BANKSERVICE system in Bulgaria by activating the function Temporary code for registration. Citizens outside the territory of Bulgaria shall receive a temporary individual access code. The temporary access code allows the cardholder to register his card for the 3D Secure Code service.
- User account – the user account is created by the cardholder during the user registration on the electronic platform of TBI Bank where the cardholder can change his 3D secure code, Hint question and answer and Personal Greeting.
- Hint question and answer – the question and the answer to that question are devised by the cardholder themselves and are known only to them. They help to unblock a wrong or forgotten 3D secure code.
- Personal Greeting – it is chosen by the cardholder upon the service registration and appears always when the cardholder shops at online merchants participating in MasterCard SecureCode program.
These terms and conditions constitute an integral part of the General terms and conditions for issuance of bank cards by TBI Bank EAD and complement them as regards the provision of the 3D Secure Code service.Entering the correct 3D Secure Code and/or answer to a Hint question verifies the cardholder’s identity.Each online transaction, executed by the cardholder and confirmed via the 3D Secure Code, is deemed executed with the cardholder’s knowledge and consent.The cardholder alone bears the responsibility for any negligence on his part in protecting the secure code and/or answer to the Hint question.